Eligible members need to be currently registered with either the General medical Council (GMC) or the Nurse Medical Council (NMC), and be in good standing.
The PCSF is funded by membership subscription and run as a not-for-profit company. The PCSF has been endorsed and supported by NHSE to host the National Network of Named GPs.
Membership is appropriate and open for any of the following working with an operational and / or strategic focus, interest in Primary Care Safeguarding (whether for children or adults or both)
- General Practitioners
- GP Practice Safeguarding leads
- Primary Care Nurses leading in Safeguarding
- Named GPs (or UK equivalents)
- Named Nurses / Nurse consultants working in Primary Care
Members are welcome from all four UK jurisdictions.
Benefits of membership include:
- A secure email discussion group / forum;
- Access to appropriate ICD Level resources (ICD 3 and 4)
- for Named GPs and equivalents on our website
- Access to level 3 resources for GP practice SG leads and equivalents via our website.
- Pooled and shared resources to assist in PC SG support
- Regular educational webinars, for both L3 and L4 ICD standards
- Opportunity to attend an annual conference providing appropriate ICD L3 or 4 education at a discounted price of £30. The annual conference for Named GPs and equivalents (Level 4) this year will be held virtually on the 24th September.
Membership runs from April to March annually.